This fertility boosting recipe is not only delicious and simple to make and it is packed with Omega-3 oils and antioxidants.
Gremolata is an Italian mixture of parsley, lemon zest and garlic. It is a wonderful punchy flavouring for fish dishes, quick to prepare and full of antioxidants. This works perfectly with oily fish such as salmon but is equally delicious drizzled over vegetables.
Storage: Prepare the gremolata in advance and store in the fridge until required. Leftover salmon can be kept in the fridge for one or two days.
• Large handful of fresh fl at leaved parsley, finely chopped
• Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 4 salmon fillets, with skin
• 8 red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Mix together the parsley, lemon juice and zest, garlic and 2 tbsp of oil in a bowl.
2. Pour a little oil over the salmon fillets and season with black pepper. Heat a frying pan until hot. Sear the salmon, skin–side down for 2-3 minutes until golden. Turn over and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until cooked through.
3. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and coat with a little of the gremolata. Spoon on to a serving plate and top with the salmon. Drizzle the remaining gremolata over the salmon.
Dr Marilyn Glenville PhD is the UK’s leading nutritionist specialising in women’s health.
She is the Former President of the Food and Health Forum at the Royal Society of Medicine and the author of a number of internationally bestselling books including Getting Pregnant Faster, Fat around the Middle and The Natural Health Bible for Women. Dr Glenville works in a gynaecology clinic in London and also in Tunbridge Wells. If you are interested in a consultation, you can contact Dr Glenville’s clinic on 0870 5329244, or by email at [email protected].
For more information go to www.marilynglenville.com